Hi folks, Chrissy Murderbot here. You may know me from being a DJ & producer, or from the two record labels I run (here and here), or it is also perfectly reasonable that you don't know me at all. I will accept that.
So I've recently decided to start this little mixtape blog as a personal project, and barring some huge disaster I'm going to post a mixtape a week, every week, for the next 52 (or so) weeks.
Some ground rules I'm setting for myself:
1) Every mix will (more or less) have a theme of some sort.
2) All mixes will be recorded live in one take (although I may do some post-production editing to get things down to a reasonable time).
3) No repeats—no song will pop up twice in this blog.
4) Likewise, no song that has previously appeared in a mix of mine published on the web (for instance, here) will pop up on this blog. Unless I get really lazy one week and post one of those mixes on this blog, which will probably happen at some point.
5) If it's a live set (i.e. somebody recorded me DJing at some party and gave me the audio and I'm posting it here), then rules 3 & 4 are out the window.
6) Every mix will be timed to fit on either a CDR or a cassette tape.
7) I'm open to requests. I might not pay them any attention whatsoever, but then again I might. Email me.